Dash lights. 94 4wd pickup

I recently purchased my 94 4wd toyota pickup. I have a dumb question. Does the AC control panel light up? If so gues I have another project to play with.

Reply to
Brad

Should do, bulb replacement? Pretty rare for a toyota bulb to blow though but worth checking out.

Reply to
Scotty

There are two small bulbs back there.. Really easy to change but it may seem that the power is missing. Did you cut a wire to connect the dimmer to your radio? This could be the cause...

Reply to
Tony

No, I didn't cut any wires. That is a pet peave of mine...never cut wires or any plug off. I tore the old radio apart and removed the male plug from it and soldered the wires from the new radio to that.

The lights in the control panel have not worked since I owned the truck. Do I have to remove the dash again to access the bulbs...or plug to check for 12v?

R/ Brad

Reply to
Brad

No you can just remove the A/C panel face. Starting on the side where the clock goes gently pry it out with a small screw driver. If your radio can be slid out this may facilitate access from behind to help push it out and get started. Then there is 3 bolts I believe to release the panel.

Reply to
Tony

i just posted this same question a few weeks ago

i have a 94 pickup also. pull the vent sliders off and the face plate. there is one bulb in there

the faceplate pops off. just be careful

Reply to
vwtopdown

Thanks for the help. I poped the cover off, removed the light defuser, and replaced the bulb. It all works now. It even matches my radio better now. I replaced the green bulb with an orange covered bulb :-}

R/ Brad

Reply to
Brad

Yuck, Toyota's worst mistake was going back to Orange dash lights...

Reply to
Tony