Exhaust Headers

I have to replace the entire exhaust system on my 1994 Toyota pickup (4WD, 4 cylinder, 5 speed, 84K miles).

Is it worth it to replace the stock exhaust header with a "performance" one?

I have heard the performance gains on a 4-cylinder is minimal. I don't want the exhaust system to be louder with no power gains.

Thanks, Mitch

Reply to
mtoddm

If it's a 22RE I would look into getting some Downey headers. I installed them on my 4Runner and saw a big increase in power - was very impressed.

Reply to
Klaus

I used the LC Engineering headers on my '85/22RE and was impressed with the results:

Roger Brown