Free cat

Hello all, my lovely little cat decided he would try to hop up on the hood of my BRAND NEW 2005 Tundra!!! Arghh! So, now I have a nice scratch on my front bumper. Do any of you wise folk have a remedy for this situation, short of swimming lessons for the cat? The scratch did not expose any metal or any other color than Salsa Red Pearl. I know about rubbing compound but I don't know what this would do to the finish. I can get some touch up paint at the dealer but I think it might not look so good afterwards. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Alastair Ingram

I've used fine-cut cleaner wax with a buffer with good luck before but I don't think I'd try it on something as new as your vehicle, especially the bumper, just in case. A non-abrasive cleaner wax might do it though. Time to de-claw that cat:)

Reply to
Robbo

As far as the kitty cat goes, go to

and look up cat repellant. They have so great stuff from Japan. I keep a jar on my motorcycle and on my old celica. Mike

Reply to
Mike the Cop

Mike the Cop, thanks! I never dreamed anyone made this stuff. Now I just gotta buy enough to spread it all along my property line and then take the kitty for a little .."walk!" ;-) What does it smell like to humans?

Reply to
Alastair Ingram

unusual smell, hard to describe...but not offensive. Mike

Reply to
Mike the Cop

A truck with a scratch??? what is the world coming too? the cat did you a favour, its just a truck!!! wait till the day that someone dings your door, Trucks are supposed to get scratched. not that you have to be careless but, really, trucks are for work, and work means getting dirty.

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

When is the last time you shelled out $25,000.00 for anything? Excuse me for wanting to take care of a valued possession.

Reply to
Alastair Ingram

Hey, I know what its like to spend good money on things, and I agree you should take care of them I guess I just went off cause cars and scratches are a pet peeve of mine to some extent. people get so wrapped up in a piece of metal

sorry, didn't mean to offend

Dave

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

I feel your pain man! Just a couple of months after picking up my 04 Tacoma Limited Hurricane Ivan hit us and a couple of shingle hit it. It's the silver paint and hardly noticable unless you look fairly close so I decided not to make a claim and live with it.

Reply to
Mac

Cats flattened free of charge.

Reply to
John Hinckley

I purchased some Dog & Cat Repellant at Wally-World (Wall-Mart) that worked very good. It's in the Pet Dept. Good Luck......

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

I could use your services and I'll donate to your retirement fund. :-) davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

LOL! I have a full time job now carting the little bastards out to the desert where they can get their aerobics in trying to run away from coyotes....

Reply to
John Hinckley