Front IFS Diff removal

Hi all,

Need some help.

I'm replacing my stock carrier with a used 4cyl carrier with 5.29's and a true-trac. I have ADD but the replacement carrier is non-ADD. The replacement carrier does not come with a side axle tube, so I just want to remove the original carrier and swap in the new one. I'm under the impression that the non-ADD and ADD carriers are interchangeable.

Can I do this swap by just removing the passenger's side driveshaft and slide the carrier out without touching the driver's side? Before I venture into this small project, can someone outline the steps I should take?

Thanks, Sandy

(90 4runner 4wd 4cyl)

Reply to
Sandy