help engine flush

hi i recently blew the head gasket in my 4runner which i am replacing myself what i would like to know is how do i flush the engine of any antifreeze that has seeped into the motor

Reply to
dark^cloud

Same thing happened to my '88 pickup (22R). The garage drained the oil and water, Heliarc'd a thin water passage in the head and machined it flat, then replaced the head gasket. They put in new oil and filter and started it up and let it run for about 15 minutes (if I remember right), then shut it down and changed the oil and filter.

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

Well, just drain and fill the oil, as the engine gets warm, it will turn to steam and be puleld out by the PCV system, but it may take a little while to get it all. You will see some white milk sweat onder the oil cap, soon, this will all go away. PCV works great at cruising speeds.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

You might want to drain it from the radiator. There should be a plug twords the bottom. Also a shopvac would probably work best for getting coolant out of the cylinders.

Dave

Reply to
D GsKi

Reply to
dark^cloud

I mentioned that the garage I had do my head gasket filled it and ran it for a while, then shut it off and drained it, changed the filter and refilled it. No moisture ever showed up on the filler cap...

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

No, drain out the old, add new, run it, the moisture will go away in time, not very long, but you can also dump it a few days later, this will get the biggest chunk of it.

Reply to
MDT Tech®