How to Disassemble 98 Taco Side Mirror?

I'd like to disassemble both mirrors for painting. I noticed a couple of torx screws on the bottom but these seem to be only partially securing the mirror. There's another hole that I'm wondering if it's for access to a catch of some sort. Anybody know about this?

Reply to
Scott

Scott,

Those torx screw hold on small plastic covers. There is a bolt under the cover. I got fooled by those torx screws a couple of months back when I tried to tighten the mirrors. I didn't notice they were holding on the cover, until my 2nd attempt at tightening them.

Reply to
Allan

Hmmm.....guess I have to look at it again. I can't figure out how to get the cover off. Toyota is no help! Sheesh....you'd think they'd have experience working on their own trucks! Maybe a body shop is a better place to ask?

Reply to
Scott