hum / whir noise 1985 Toyota 4X4

Very funny noise on the 22R . Its a hum / whir that over powers the normal idle noise. What should I check out?

Thanks in advance!

Scott in TN

85 toyota 4x4 - since it was new 02 taco 4x4 - purchased used
Reply to
sjohnsen

Does the sound coincide with the revs of the engine?

Chris whitewall junkie Mfinja's Hot Wheels with WhitewallsAll Small Wheels Error Cars

Reply to
Whitewall Junkie

Yes it did change with the revs. I found that it was the idler pulley and replaced it.

Thanks!

Reply to
sjohnsen