Humming noise from charcoal cannister

Humming noise (sometimes VERY loud) from charcoal cannister. I get this humming noise intermittently after the truck is warm and is idling. The truck is a 96 Tacoma 4cyl. Help!!

thanks, jk

Reply to
jnkessler

It doesnt know the words? Heck, I hum when I dont know the words too.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Toyota has a service bulletin on this, the fix is basically a plennum added between the throttle body and the thermal switch on the charcoal canister. You can make one for about $5 or buy the factory one for lots more. Or you can just turn up the radio. I noticed the newer Tacomas have the charcoal canister down under the bed next to the gas tank, so it probably still hums but you can't hear it.

Do a search on Toyota Service Bulletins, that's where I learned of this.

Reply to
Bill & Kelly