Charcoal cannister fuel smell

I have a 92 Ex, I was thinking about putting a "Y" at the two charcoal cannister vents and running a hose to the intake to burn the fuel vapors instead of smelling them at low or now speed. Anyone have any recommendations about where I might put the hose? before the mas sensor, or after? Or is this a bad idea altogether? I think that I have a bad fuel pressure reg, I don't know if this contributes to the smell of gas. Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary

The smell of gas is the sign of a problem...... you would be much further ahead to research the problem, either by gaining a knowledge of how the system operates or having it looked at, and having it fixed properly. Having flammable gasses in 'front' of the throttle plate could easily cost more than having the repair done properly.

The Chiltons manual for your car has a rather simplistic description of how the system works but might help you to understand the problem better.

Jim Warman

Thanks Jim for your response, I have been following this ng for awhile, and I believe that either my fuel pressure reg is bad, or my cannister purge control valve is not opening. I have not seen a cel yet, so I thought I might be able to recycle it myself. I will look into it further. Thanks. Gary

Reply to
Gary