Ideas on Failed Emissions

Owner of (92 4WD Toyo Pickup 3.0L V6).

I just failed emissions and am trying to make my truck pass myself. I have incredibly high CO and moderately high HC. Low NO.

I have done the following things:

1.) Pulled the oxygen sensor and tested it according to :

... It passed. Also I have no check engine light with it connected.

2.) Verified no massive vacuum problems. 3.) Banged against my catalytic converter and heard no rattling.

What are some other things I should try?

Thanks, Lloyd

Reply to
nfirtaps

Excessive CO usually results from rich air/fuel ratios. Check any items that can cause the engine to run rich.

High fuel pressure at injectors Leaking fuel injector(s) including cold start injector (if you have one) Gasoline in the crankcase Plugged PCV valve or hose Bad sensor(s) causing the ECU to drive the fuel/air mixture rich such as O2, coolant temp and throttle position sensor.

A higher HC may be due to misfire.

Might check the computer for codes, just in case the check engine light was not triggered.

Reply to
toyomoho

Guys, thanks a lot for your replies, I will try all your suggestions.

Reply to
nfirtaps