Idle speed high after throttle body cleaning 3.4

'95 T100 3.4 automatic.

Yesterday I pulled the intake snorkel from the throttle body and cleaned the gunk out that was on and around the throttle butterfly. Of course, I did it with the engine off. Quite a bit of crud too. Upon putting everything back together and starting the engine, my idle speed is now probably 1200 RPM according to the tach. The manual specifies 650-750 in park with the engine at operating temp. I've disconnected the battery in an effort to "reset" the engine computer since I thought that with the different airflow parameters after the cleaning that the computer would have to relearn data from the idle air control valve. So anyway, can I reasonably expect the idle speed to return to normal after a few days/miles of operation? Thanks for any knowledge you can send my way.

Reply to
Lhead

computer

You might have damaged the Idle Control Valve that the ECM uses to controll idle speed. It is electrically controlled.

Reply to
SnoMan