Installing buckets in a Tacoma

I'm swapping out my bench for 2 buckets but there are only 3 holes. What kind of safety issues am I facing if I install the seats with just 3 bolts? Is the only other solution to drill a hole for the 4th bolt? It's a little odd; there's a metal knockout-like plug where the hole would go but no bolt behind it.

Thanks

Reply to
HPL

A buddy installed buckets in his '94 pickup and found the same thing. He went to the hardware store and picked up some sort of nut insert that fit into the hole and allowed the bolt to be screwed in.

Reply to
Roger Brown