larger wheels on 94 PU

I'm thinking about changing my 1994 PU's wheels from 14" to 15" or maybe

16". I'd rather have 16" wheels for more ground clearance.

Is this feasible? Will the tires run against the wheel wells? I know the speedo and odo will change but that's not a problem.

Thanks

Reply to
bearman

Changing wheels to 16" will require new tires. Its the TIRE size that will change your clearance, not wheel size. What size TIRES do you have currently?

Reply to
Jason

Yes, I know that increasing the wheel size will require new TIRES. Current TIRES are 215/75R14s. Increasing the radius of a wheel should raise the truck by the radius increase. Isn't that so?

Reply to
bearman

How do I put 16" tires on 14" wheels?

Reply to
bearman

I have a set of 4 15x7 allow wheels that will fit it -- 5 lug. One needs minor aluminum welding on back side for about

3/4 inch. They are a star burst pattern from a 96 Camry XLE gold edition. They need polishing or painting - I stripped off gold between spokes and started to polish them. All 4 for $50 plus shipping from No VA. contact off NG at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net - remove x at beginning and end of acct. "
Reply to
Wolfgang

OK now you have me confused. 16" tires?? You need to do one of two things:

A: Buy a tire that fits a 14" wheel that is bigger (i.e. a 215/85R14 or 31" x10.50 x 14")

B: Get new wheels AND tires (I recommend 31" x10.50 x15" tires on 15" wheels)

Does that help any?

Reply to
Jason