Re: Jetta 16" wheels

Is it O.K to mount snow tires on 16" wheels on an A4 Jetta?

> I would like to increase the low ground clearance with the standard 15" > wheels. > -- > Thanks > > John > > Change spam to earth

John, Changing wheel diameter should NOT change ride height! A change of any significance is sure to throw off your speedometer, and will likely result in suspension clearance problems and alignment problems. Snow tires on 16" wheels, SURE! but be certain the new wheel/tire set has the same O.D. as the original. Ride height is kinda set in...unless you go for the crazy $$ of adjustable spring perches...still not a good idea to raise your car. Think of center of gravity. Think rollover. Ron

Reply to
vze4gz6n