Locating / Indentifying Exhaust Leak

While I Google, thought it wouldn't hurt to ask the current a.a.t.t. folks..

Have a 98 Tacoma w/ 2.7 Liter powerplant. Have started hearing what might be a potential exhaust leak Only time I'm hearing it is while I'm in the cab... Truck is my daughters vehicle and she has mentioned that others have also commented on this. Any suggestions for pinpointing the source?

Historically, for this powerplant what are the likely causes to look for... Manifold to heads?

I've had a 82 Toy Pickup in the past that the dealer fixed for free (cracked manifold)...

Thanks!

Rick

Reply to
pray4surf

Most likely is the exhaust from the converter back. Place a rag over the tailpipe and have someone listen for the leak.

Reply to
Toytruck