longer shackles 4 4x4 or not

Ok , who can give me the low down on lifting my 88 land cruiser a few inches by installing longer shackles front and rear? Probably will stick with the tires I have now because my ground clearance is ok , I just need to keep my bumper from grabbing dirt or rocks in areas where trails have been washed out by "monsoon" rains. Thanks in advance. MLM

Reply to
john Q pubic

I have a lot of shackle-related information on my page:

Longer shackles are a good way to get a modest amount of lift. YOu need to be aware of the driveshaft pinion angle change and install shims to coorect that if it is a problem:

Roger Brown