my poor truck

I just bought my 01 Tacoma in July. Last night we were driving and there was an accident. During the accident a Toyota Camry slid across five lanes of highway and ended up perpendicular to the road in the far right lane. The driver dissappeared. He left the car in total darkness without hazards on or anything. i was in the far right lane

1/2 mile from my exit when I saw it. It was too close. I slammed on the brakes and we managed to just give it a hard knock.

We were fine, no injuries, but the truck needed a tow..I think radiator/coolant system, the temp gauge was crawling upward real fast.

The weird thing...the anti-lock brakes didn't seem to kick in, and the air bag did not deploy.When we impacted we were going fast enough to shove the other car a few feet, and knock in the front part of my grill, and push the hood up.

1) If I locked my foot hard on the brakes shopuldnt the anti-lock system kick in? We pretty much sli into the car, I didnt fel any pumping.

2) What speed do the airbags kick in? I don't think we hit hard enough for that I guess.

No ticket, no injuries to us, so we were lucky. Who knows when I'll see my truck again.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin