NASCAR Tundra motor?

What size motor will the NASCAR race truck Tundra's be running? I think the Americans all run 355 cu small block pushrod motors. Will Tundra be DOHC? 355 cubes?

The traditional Cup V/8s get a reliable 700+ HP. Even with the DOHC, this may be a challenge the first year out. Think the Tundra race truck will be underpowered a bit?

Think the Tundra race truck will be popular and successful? I sure hope so.

Reply to
TANKIE

Toyota has a Formula 1 car and is supplying engines for a Dayton Prototype car among other racing efforts.

The engine shouldn't be a problem. Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

The Toyota race team will have the might the factory behind it. With no expense spared. NASCAR will have a challenge regulating the trucks to keep them all "equal" on the race course. I think the Toyota trucks will blow away everyone -- atleast for while until NASCAR changes the rules. Got to keep the racing boring so as to not piss off the major auto makers. Do you agree?

In an interview yesterday I heard Richard Petty comment how racing had changed in recent years so to keep the cars equal. He was careful with his words, but you could see his point.

Reply to
Larry Williams