Need help deciding between a new V8 reg.cab or 03 used access cab.

Hello, Im looking at two trucks. One is a brand new 05 LWB V8 with the Max package,and the other is a 03 access cab with 18k miles. The access cab is sharp, one owner traded in on a new DC Tundra, it has the V6 with no tow pkg., will have to be added. The 03 is 19,000 out the door with a

6 year/100k warranty and the new LWB is 18,300 out the door, has a kiiler rebate. I will be using the truck daily to tow about 3300 pounds and Im not sure the 19HP V6 will do the job. The V8 ran like a scalded dog but it has a LOT of road and tire noise to me, was the only thing I did like about it. Also sounded loud sitting at a light. Just wanted your opinions especiall
Reply to
SED-93

"" wrote: > Hello, Im looking at two trucks. One is a brand new 05 LWB V8 > with the > Max package,and the other is a 03 access cab with 18k miles. > The access > cab is sharp, one owner traded in on a new DC Tundra, it has > the V6 with > no tow pkg., will have to be added. The 03 is 19,000 out the > door with a > 6 year/100k warranty and the new LWB is 18,300 out the door, > has a > kiiler rebate. I will be using the truck daily to tow about > 3300 pounds > and Im not sure the 19HP V6 will do the job. The V8 ran like a > scalded > dog but it has a LOT of road and tire noise to me, was the > only thing I > did like about it. Also sounded loud sitting at a light. Just > wanted > your opinions especiall

Tuff call, the V8 will tow better stock but it will use more gas overall for sure. If the V6 is geared properly, 3300lbs should not be a problem for it but I would look to get price down more given the current incentives on newer trucks because I doubt that dealer has 15k in the 03 and it looking to make a hefty profit on it. Worst case senerio id if you get the 03 with V6 and bigger cab that you seem to really want and are displeased with its towing performance, you could get it regeared for about 1000 to 1500 bucks and greatly improved its towing performance. Which ever one you do choose though, do add a aux tranny cooler to it if they are automatics.

Reply to
SnoMan