Tacoma "access cab"??

We happened on a chance to look one over in a parking lot. I'd rather not have it; but the essential question will be whether they got that extra space entirely at the expense of bed length, or shortened the leg room, or made the whole truck longer, or what. I can barely get in and out of the old ('03) Tacoma as it is, even without logger boots on...

Anybody know?

Reply to
BeartoothHOS

BeartoothHOS found these unused words:

Specifications are on line.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

We went to the local dealer today -- logger boots and all. There is more -- a *lot* more -- leg room in the '10 than the '03 dreamt of.

It's just a question now of what extras: a running board (invaluable for a tall, old, arthritic driver -- and no longer standard), and probably precious little else ....

Reply to
BeartoothHOS

BeartoothHOS found these unused words:

That would be reasonable as the Tacoma is now the size of the 03 Tundra ...!

Apples & oranges, eh?

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Indeed, indeed -- though not quite so unconscionable as for instance what they've done various times with the Corolla. My '88 is a hatchback; wife's '07 is a 4-door sedan; and iirc the new ones are different again.

It's a good thing we never really need to parallel park here; I'm going to, occasionally in front of the house, for the practice -- but that extra 2' or so will take some getting used to ....

I spent well over a whole day slogging over dismal web sites (Toyota's and the dealer's both), and sent off a multi-page email to the salesman.

Meanwhile the neighbor's father's check for the '03 has cleared; given decent answers to the email, it's now mainly a matter of finding a day free enough of priority appointments -- for a couple of old retired farts! -- to admit of us going and getting it ....

Reply to
BeartoothHOS

BeartoothHOS found these unused words:

Check Edmunds.com for current prices -=PAID=- in your area.

A neighbor failed to do so and the salesman/dealer kept the spiffs that should have gone to the customer. [of course it was also ... shudder ... a ford!]

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien