Need Help with P/S Diagnosis

98 Tacoma Standard 2WD SR5 V6 XtraCab.

I've been hearing a groaning sound when I make left hand turns. The idiot who owned the truck before me put in the wrong p/s fluid and had already installed a junkyard p/s pump. I flushed the system and put in another junkyard pump. The sound was still there. It is not present when standing still. Sometimes when I turn left it isn't present until I go over a bump. There is no sound when rocking the suspension at a standstill. I disconnected the belt and drove it. Sound is still there. Could this be the pressure sensor on the pump? Or is there a problem in the rack? Help!

TIA!!!!

Reply to
Scott