New Toyota Pickup?

In a NYT article today, it was reported Toyota is introducing a new large pickup truck which is being produced at their new San Antonio TX plant. I have not heard anything about a new Toyota PU truck - anybody know anything or is this a big city reporter who did not do their ground work for this story.

Thanks

Reply to
spacetrax

I saw in the paper today that they were releasing a new SUV called a Toyota FJ Cruiser in the spring. I think it's quite ugly. Maybe that's what they were referring to?

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

anybody

In the spring of 2007 that is.

Reply to
Cheri

It will be a full size Tundra coming out in late 2006 according to this story at

offen rong

Ever check the automotive sites, like Edmunds?

The new truck is the '07 Tundra. Rumor has it there may even be a dually, but there will definitely be a diesel.

Motor Trend has also done blurbs about it.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Forbes has that San Antonio plant building Tundra's. Now if they redesign the Tundra larger, that's possible.

More plausible to keep the same body size and reintroduce true 1-ton and a larger dual-wheel cab-chassis for commercial vehicles - or even a full-on Toyota Tundra Dualie Pickup for those Texans to haul around their 2-Horse trailers in style - All it takes is upgraded frame rails, axles and suspensions, you can leave the sheetmetal alone.

No, that would be separate. And if you ever owned an original FJ40 Land Cruiser to appreciate 'Function Over Form' design, the retro styling of the new model would be cute - they've captured the essence of the old body styling. Just like the Retro movements of the Chevy SSR, the PT Cruiser and the New Mini.

Ugly is as ugly does. And the LandCriuser will literally go wherever you point it, do it with style, and do it for decades without breaking, so that's beauty in my book any day of the week.

It's a Venus and Mars thing. Guy Cute and Girl Cute are sometimes two polar opposites.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

LOL, True.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

begin 666 0,,125642,00.htm M/"$M+2!6:6=N971T92!6-B!-;VX@2F%N(#$V(#$S.C(T.C Q(#(P,#8@+2T^ M"@H*/"%$3T-465!%($A434P@4%5"3$E#("(M+R]7,T,O+T141"!(5$U,(#0N M,#$@5')A;G-I=&EO;F%L+R]%3B(^"CQH=&UL/@H\:&5A9#X*( D\=&ET;&4^ M3FES7!E/2)T97AT+V-S

Reply to
gOdDeSs151

I also heard from a an inside source I have at Toyota, that there is somthing BIG in the wind, maybe a dually, , somthing that will compete with the big boys the F-350 Ram 3500 and big chevy's. Bring it on the more Toys the better. Incidently Cheri, the new FJcruiser will be one of the most capeable off roaders on the globe, and in a world of "too pretty" Escalades Navigators, and other wannabees it is a welcome relief. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eye it is a beautiful thing. Like the man said "ugly is as ugly does". So get a new hair Do, some new clothes and you wont look that bad next to it.

Reply to
franknlizob

Reply to
I Hate Leather Seats