New Toyota WARNING-rodents do $4,800 to my car's wiring!

soy based Toyota's electrical wiring provides great food for rodents and gr eat income for Toyota repair shops. Our repair cost #4,000 at Toyota !

ALSO

Open that red plastic cover box over your battery's POSITIVE terminal. Chan ces are it is filled with corrosion. The plastic box serves THREE purposes:

  1. It CAUSES the corrosion

  1. I CONTAINS the corrosion at the terminal

  2. It HIDES the corrosion from the owner!

RESULT: When the terminal is eaten through in a short time the car won't s tart so Toyota wants to "help you out" with an $80 new battery cable and te rminal repair bill ! A big gob of grease stuffed into that red box when you buy the car will solve the problem forever. (evidently that's too much wor k and too expensive for Toyota to do at their plant!)

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
mike.corman

Red cover prevents you from shorting out anything on the battery + terminal. If you do, you could see your entire car go up in flames. I occationally pull the cover off and hit the terminal and connector with baking soda and water. Generally if this terminal is getting corroded, your battery is outgassing and is near its end of life.

Put out agricultural rat poison in your garage. That will keep the bastards at bay. They made a bed in the back of my 64 Corvette Sting Ray but luckily they never ate the wires.

Vito

ALSO

Open that red plastic cover box over your battery's POSITIVE terminal. Chances are it is filled with corrosion. The plastic box serves THREE purposes:

  1. It CAUSES the corrosion

  1. I CONTAINS the corrosion at the terminal

  2. It HIDES the corrosion from the owner!

RESULT: When the terminal is eaten through in a short time the car won't start so Toyota wants to "help you out" with an $80 new battery cable and terminal repair bill ! A big gob of grease stuffed into that red box when you buy the car will solve the problem forever. (evidently that's too much work and too expensive for Toyota to do at their plant!)

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
unclevito