Oil pressure

I was looking at a 2001 Tundra the other day, it has only 51,000 milesn on it, they want 18,000 .00 for it. It started right up after turning the keys, but the oil pressure gauge read high, dang near the top of the gauge. The used car manager tried to tell me it's normal for imports due to the tighter clearences in the engine. I haven't gone back, can't help thinking he was feeding me a line of, you know what....Please let me know if he's correct.....thanks ....Wishniwasfishin

Reply to
wishniwasfishin

My 2001 Tundra 6 cyl does that, and has for 112,000 miles. As the oil heats up, the pressure reading goes down. Maybe someone put extra heavy oil in it, too, or an additive. However, I think it is probably normal.

Reply to
Tom in Macon

$18,000 for a 5 year old, used Tundra??? ROFL... do they kiss you afterwards?? I only paid $15,800 for my 2005 NEW.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Kiss?

I'd expect roses and a new diamond for that sort of treament.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That sounds like the car dealer I talked to when I bought my used Honda, She tried to tell me that Michellen tires will look a little bald compared to other brands. This came after I told her the tires needed to be replaced If I were to buy the car. some $tealerships will say anything

Dave

Reply to
Zephyr