Opinions on 97-98 Toyota Rav4

I am looking a Toyota's Rav4 for a winter car, how well do they handle in the snow? Do they have a two wheel to four wheel drive selector with low range. I would like to hear from other 97-98 Rav4 owners and get all the pros and cons. Thanks alot

Reply to
randy1128

|| I am looking a Toyota's Rav4 for a winter car, how well do they || handle in the snow? || Do they have a two wheel to four wheel drive selector with low || range. I would like to hear from other 97-98 Rav4 owners and get all || the pros and cons. Thanks alot

Nat'l Insurance and Safety Institute rated them low because they, almost all rav4s had a tendancy to flip when sliding sideways...

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

The RAV4 is one of the best 4-wheel drive vehicles that I have ever owned for driving in snow, rain, mud, etc. It is sure-footed, and tenacious. I have owned Jeeps, Toyota Pickups, Toyota FourRunner, Subaru 4-wheel drive, etc. The RAV4 beats them all. There is no 2-wheel drive selector. It is always in 4-wheel drive. We currently own a 1999 Toy RAV4 (my wife's car), and a 1988 Toy truck 4X4. When we go to the Smoky Mountains, we always take the RAV4. It's a great vehicle.

Reply to
rdonlan3