Paint touchup

98 dark green tacoma......garage kept but hey, I use it as a truck! It has been well kept, but has 8 years worth of scratches, chips, worn areas where the cap's rear window rubbed, stuff like that. What have any of you done to spruce up your trucks? There must be a fairly inexpensive treatment out there, or do you take it to a pro? Thanks guys! Also, for some reasom only the rear alloy wheel caps are losing their paint. I want to get another 8 years and another 140k outta this thing.
Reply to
Grip

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:13:07 -0400, "Grip" found these unused words floating about:

If it's a large area, a pro. Small 'flecks', I use the Toyota touchup paints.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Keeping it garaged and washed is 90 percent of the battle.

That said, I figure that a certain amount of cosmetic damage is inevitable. Eventually I may repair the dings and dents and take it to a shop to be sprayed, maybe get a new seat to replace the torn / dirty one, etc.

The worst damage I've accumulated is a dented front bumper and a scratch in the clear coat on the hood when I squashed a crackhead bicycle thief about a month ago. I may take some rubbing compound to the hood and perhaps reapply more clearcoat; I haven't decided whether to do this or simply live with it.

-- Mike Harris

1995 Tacoma (dark green), 190K miles Austin, TX
Reply to
Mike Harris

Keep them as battlescars to commemorate squashing a crackhead bike thief.

Reply to
nooneimportant