Pre-runner with 2.7 engine

Does anyone have first hand information on a pre-runner with 2.7 engine? I'd like to know if this is as long life engine like the 22R or 2.4. What kind of fuel mileage could you expect with it in a pre-runner w/ auto?

Any pitfalls to watch for?

Charles

Reply to
Charles

I bought a 98 2.7 prerunner in March '98 . It is not a quick accelerating truck as prerunners came with 31x10.50 tires and only automatic. It was a great truck and ran trouble free for us until may 06 when we traded it for a new prerunner. the old truck had 155,000 miles and no sign of any problems. Fuel mileage was between 18 and 21 most always. My son in law has an '02 double cab prerunner with a 2.7 with 97,000 miles and is totally trouble free and gets about 18 to 21 mpg, I own a 2000 prerunner with a v-6 driven easily I get between 18 and 19 city and 22 to 23 hiway and and have no problems with power that we always experienced with the

2.7. If you dont mind leisurly acceleration the 2.7 in my opinion is better engine than the old 22R and that says alot. I would not hesitate to by a truck with a 2.7 if that is what you can find. It is a great engine and will serve well with proper maintanence. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie