Question about Tundra Brake TSB

I bought a used 2000 Tundra in another city and want to know is the local dealer would have the information in his computer of whether or not the front brake caliper upgrade has been done. Is it recorded in a Toyota databasethat he can access? Anybody know?

Thanks,

Barry

Reply to
F330 GT

If it was done,t eh calipers will be different. Also the brake pads are different now. The TSB has a picture of old style and new design calipers.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Thanks for that info. I'm going to buy a 2000 or 2001 Tundra 4x4 this spring and would like to get more info about the TSB for the brakes. Also, I've been wondering if I take the truck to a mechanic, whether he can tell by looking at the brakes if the original parts have been replaced by the new parts specified in the TSB.

Do you have a reference number for, or the designation of, the TSB? Can the TSB be found online?

Thanks, Sandy

Reply to
Sandyon66XYZ