.re: older 4runners

>Visionr42 wrote

>> What years were the 22RE/5 speed combo used in 4runners? >Until Model Year 1995.

Are you sure? I dont think I've seen a single 4 cylinder/5peed beyond about year 1989-90 or so. Is it just that they are very rare? I see the 5spd occasionally, but never with the 4. Pretty frustrating really, as thats the combo I want and 80's models that have it are mostly pretty beat up by now (like mine).

Reply to
VisionR42

Wolfgang

My 96 has the 2.7L 4cyl and is one of the "rare" 5 speeds. (old?) Haynes Manual says it is a 3RZ-FE (now why in the heck was I thinking it was a 22RE... brain must have fizzled somewhere along the line, bad web search or something. Learn something new every day...) BTW despite it not being the infamous 22RE I've never had any problems with this engine.

Reply to
Pookerz

Were manual lockers discontinued at some point, or did they remain on some?

Reply to
VisionR42