Regarding Gas Millage?

I have the 2005 tacoma V-6, My 1st truck in years, Here's the question. Do you get better gas millage with the tailgate down(off) or with it up? Thanks for any input or thought.

Reply to
Billstein

It doesn't matter. If you don't believe me put something in the back and drive at highway speed during a rain storm... as long as you keep moving the bed stays dry because of an air bubble that forms from air flowing over the top of the truck.

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Tailgate up and here's why:

humanoid

Great information Thanks. : o )

Reply to
Billstein

Tailgate up for safety reasons as well!!!!!!!

Reply to
Steve

At 2.60 a gal. I wasnt thinking of safety, But Thanks

Reply to
Billstein