Replaced my Tacoma

Well I finally traded in my '03 Tacoma PreRunner and got a NICE '08 Tundra iForce V8. I can't believe the difference between the two, coming from an underpowered 4 cyl to the V8 is awesome!!!! H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

Unfortunately the change in gas comsumption is also going to be awesome (but not in a good way).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

"C. E. White" found these unused words:

He's probably seeing the difference experienced by the 01-04 tacoma's when equippend with the 6 cyl. as the Ton'drag is so much heavier - it's about the same ratio.

Love the power of my 02 double cab - so far, I go anywhere a Jeep or Range Rover goes!

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Let us know what kind of fuel mileage you get! I know what the sticker says, but would like to know what it gets in the real world.

Reply to
charles bridges

I was never able to get more that 17 or 18 mpg with the Tacoma even though it was a 4 cyl. The sticker on the Tundra says 14/17 and Consumers Report averaged 15 when they tested it, so if I come close to the Tacoma I'll be happy. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

WOW...my SO's Father claims over 20 with his 6 cylinder automatic 4WD Xtra Cab Tacoma......Did you mostly do city driving?

I got around 17.5 with my 2006 V6 Automatic 4WD Frontier (lots of highway miles). My 4.6L V8 Automatic 4WD F150 Supercab averages a shade over 16.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Only about a 1/4 city, the rest open road. I think the body was just too heavy. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin