Got my new Toyo's

Happy, happy day.

I just got my new Toyo T1-S's mounted up yesterday. MAN, what a difference!! It's like I'm driving a completely different car. I never realized just how bad those stock Michelin all-season's were, even before all the tread was used up. I think I've found a big reason why I liked my NA so much better than my NB.

These tires are just plain awesome. They're quiet, they stick like glue, and they slide predictably. Man, I can hardly wait for some warm weather, and a nice long and twisty road.

This is a beautiful thing. And, at $59 each, they rank as one of the best bargains of all time. Thanks to all (esp. Lanny) who talked me into getting these. They are absolutely fantastic. I can't believe that tires could make such a huge difference. Made a merely great car into a truly awesome car.

Regards, H.

Reply to
HardwareLust

Ya, those tires are awsome. Where did you get them so cheap?

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Only the 195/50/15 was available at $59, but it's listed at $75 now. The other Miata sizes are in the $72-75 range. Still a good price.

Reply to
Frank Berger

That's the place I got them. I must have lucked out and ordered them before the price went up.

Even at $75, that's still $25 less than my local Toyo dealer wants for them. I would have had no problem whatsoever paying $75 for these after trying them now.

Regards, H.

Reply to
HardwareLust

No, good tires cannot make a great sports car. Lots of expensive cars have excellent performance tires, hence great skid pad, braking, etc

*numbers*, but they are still pigs. Conversely, a great sports car design can perform not that great if cheap tires are fitted.

The real difference is that in the latter case you can fix things by fitting new tires. In the first case, you need to fix things by fitting a new car.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen