Retorque of drive and propellor shaft bolts

The 2003 4x4 Tacoma Maintenance Guide mentions retorque of the drive and propeller shaft bolts. Does anyone know where the bolts in question are located, what the torque specs. are and if a special tool is required?

Also, is there any way to grease the front ball joints on the 2003 Tacoma

4x4? My 87 4x4 had grease fittings but I can't locate any on the new truck.
Reply to
michael reed

They're probably sealed. My '88 1/2 ton 2WD has a "sealed" frontend and hasn't been greased since I bought it new in '88...

168,000 miles

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

The retorqueing is the nuts and bolts on the driveline flanges.

As I recall, but check, a 14 mm crowfoot on your torque wrench is about all that fits. Mount the crowfoot at 90° to the handle. On a 4wd Tundra the torque spec is 54 ft-lbs.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton