4Runner 98 Fuel capacity???

So I've seen 15.4 and 18.5 gallons for the 98? I have the limited model but can never find specifications that differenciate b/n SR5 and limited (if there is one?)

I ask b/c when the fuel light comes on and I subsequently fill up I usually get in about 14.5 gallons, I find it hard to believe they only warn you when you have only 1 gallon left, every other car has been 3-4.

Thanks for any info!

Reply to
jaycb74

The Tacoma extra cab is rated for 18.1, the extra was probably the filler neck! ;-)

Reply to
MDT Tech®