Rough Idle and Smoke

I recently changed the bace gasket on my carb. and since I have done this the thing blows white smoke with a touch of blue. I have rebuilt the carb, got a new adapter plate, checked compression, changed plugs and wires, put a dif gasket in, checked timing, I can't find a vacume leak anywhere. any suggestions would be appreciated. The truck is an 87 Toyota 4X4, 22R, with a weber 32/36DGEV carb, and an LC Engineering pro spiral adapter plate. Thanks

Reply to
RonB

Have you checked for a blown head gasket ??

Reply to
Mike

Yes, I have checked for a blown head gasket, and just got done checking valve lash and the idle is only rough when cold, when it warms up it seems to have a flat spot

Reply to
RonB

What gasket did you change?? Quoting you- "Yes, I have checked for a blown head gasket, and just got done checking valve lash and the idle is only rough when cold, when it warms up it seems to have a flat spot". I would go back to where the problem started-- I.E., the gasket change. Thats where the problem started according to your post.

Reply to
Jarhead