smoke and oil

My buddy's 2000+ cc buggy motor still pull strong and runs strong but it smokes like a mofo after you let off the gas after a hard pull. It puffs smoke out of the breather hose contunusouly while idling when warm and there's oil everywhere under the motor. I think a lot of the oil under the motor is from the freshly installed pushrod tubes, but it's hard to tell because he put a big skid plate over the bottom of the motor.

What's the first thing that comes to mind that would cause the smoke? Can a faulty oil pressure relief valve lead to this? He hasn't yet checked the compression, or really done anything.

fhk

Reply to
frank

Compression test would be first.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

thanks. I susepcted as much. I'll let you all know what happens.

"Speedy Jim" wrote

Reply to
frank