Running light delay

I have a 1991 Toyota truck that has a problem with its running lights. If I turn the lights on, the headlights will come on, but the running lights will either delay turning on, or not turn on at all.

If the light switch is shut off and on a few times, they usually come on.

This problem usually manifests itself when the temp has dropped overnite.

Replaced a relay under the hood, one that clicks when the lights come on, didnt help.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

See if the contacts in the headlight/combo switch are dirty, if so, clean them:

Roger Brown

Steve you may want to check your relay's also. You may have one on the way out the door.

Reply to
Newsreader Tony

Thanks for the replies, gonna look at the contacts in the column, and the other relays as well!

While I'm in the toyota NG, might as well ask, has anyone here had experience with aftermarket air suspension systems for these trucks?

Am using my truck for longer highway trips now, would like to find a way to smooth out the ride a little :)

Steve

Reply to
Steve