Sequoia: Available In USA Without Moon Roof?

Being ergonomically challenged, I need that 2" of head room that a moon roof eats up.

But every Sequoia I've seen so far has had a moon roof.

Are they just not importing them in without moon roofs?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

The Sequoia is not imported. It is built here in the USA. I would think the fleet sales person at your local dealership could find out for you if the new Sequoia is available without a moon roof.

Reply to
Handyman

Sequoias are built in the US.

According to the Toyota web site, the Moon Roof is standard with every model of Sequoia. Every single Sequoia I pulled up in the Southeast included the Moon Roof. As far as I can tell, the Moon Roof is packaged with different features for every single model of the Sequoia. I tried configuring the cheapest possible Sequoia in both North Carolina and California, and even when I selected no options, I still got a Moon Roof. So I guess you are stuck with one. I wouldn't want one either....

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I pulled up the generic Sequoia brochure available at the Toyota Fleet site (

), and it also shows every models coming with the Moon Roof. See
and then pull up the general brochure.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I'm curious, How tall are you? Most tall people just tilt the seat back.

Reply to
Rastamon

But I like sitting upright and I don't like having a hole in the roof. If I want open air motoring, I want a convertible (I've had six). I have read far to many tales of horror regarding plugged moon roof drain tubes, failed motors, stuck shades, etc to make it attractive to me to pay for a hole in the roof that at best does nothing I want while costing hundreds/thousands to buy. I suppose I could pull the sun shade and pretend it wasn't there...at least until the drain holes plug-up becasue I sometimes park under a tree, but I'd still be mad about the missing head room.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Per Rastamon:

6'5", not particularly long in the body, quite long-legged.

In addition to personal preference/comfort, I perceive safety issues with tilting the seat back.

To wit:

1) When you crash, your body is slammed forward about 8" and upward I-don't-know-how-many inches - but it's a good bit as your bod pivots on your locked legs. Lower Roof ==> Greater Chance Of Spinal Cord Injury.

Just my opinion, but it seems pretty obvious to me.

2) You lean back far enough and something called "submarining" sets in when there's a crash. Instead of the straps restraining you, your bod slides forward underneath them.

I do not know how much tilt is needed for that to happen, but I don't like driving leaning back anyhow. The old Euro "arms extended" driving position makes me tired after a few hours. I find it more comfortable to have my hands on the wheel and my elbows resting on the arm rests.

Maybe we get more cautious with age.

Now that I think about it... and recalling the time I rode through Waikiki and back to Hickam Air Force base with one foot on the front bumper, leaning into the engine room with the hood on my shoulders, pouring gasoline into the carb of an engine whose fuel pump had failed.....

We definitely get more cautious with age.... -)

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)