T100 - starter problem

When trying to start my T100 this morning, all I get is a quick succession of clicks. The battery was replaced a couple weeks ago, and the mechanic that replaced it commented he heard a couple clicks before it started. I seem to remember this happening to me once or twice over the past couple weeks.

The truck had been sitting for about 9 days before I tried to start it this morning, so I'm trying to verify if the starter motor/solenoid is probably the culprit of the problem. It is cold and wet here, and I noticed with the hood open and trying the starter for just a few seconds that I get a little smoke from the ground on the battery.

Feedback is appreciated!

Reply to
Eric B.

It sounds like the starter contacts are going out. They are very inexpensive to replace, but on my T-100 with a V6 it was to much trouble for me to pull the starter so I had the dealer do. Total cost with tax was $138.

doug

Reply to
Doug Stephens

Usually an easy and inexpensive repair:

and clean all the high current cable connections, power *and* ground first.

Reply to
Roger Brown