'03 or '04 4Runners Pricing questions, Performance questions

What is the SR5 price for the '03 or '04 4Runner? Do recent buyers feel like they got a good deal and at what price?

How are they when compared to the '02 4Runners? I have an '02 and could trade up. What are the pros and cons in regards to performance and mechanicals?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Josh Lederman

Reply to
J.M.L.

Have an '03. I love it. One thing that bugs me is the slight sulfur smell when you hit the gas pedal, but most people say this is normal in new Toyotas. Being that I just bought a 2004 Lexus ES330, I can't replicate that problem on the lexus with the same gas - so I am still a little skeptical. I still think that this is something Toyota needs to address and fix.

Other than the sulfur smell, its a very powerful, very capable truck. I took it off road a few times, and it really goes. It's much better than the previous Durango that I had (especially driving through snow, etc). The size is just right, it pulls my boat, and the navigation is the best I have seen. I have the V8 limited.

Dan

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I bought an 03 V8/4WD/Sport Edition in July and LOVE it.

I did not drive the V6, but I would definitely recommend the V8 for the 5 speed automatic. That transmission and engine combo are silky smooth. I get anywhere from 18 to 21 mpg with a mix of city and highway. It also tows great.

I have done some offroading and it seems very capable. You see some complaints about ground clearance but they make up for it by thoroughly protecting everything with skid plates.

I definitely recommend using Consumer Report's new vehicle report for $12. It gives you invoice vs MSRP cost on the vehicle + every possible option and tells you what fees are BS. It also goes into dealer holdback and incentives too.

IIRC the base SR5 is somewhere in the 26,500 to 27,000 range with no options.

Reply to
Patrick S