Tailgate disassembly for 1990 4Runner

My tailgate window on my 90 4Runner doesn't go down and I'm guessing it's the motor since I tried it from both inside and outside and get no sound at all. The window is stuck in the up position so the tailgate can't be opened. The other windows work fine.

Does anyone have a good URL showing how to take off the tailgate trim from the inside of the 4Runner to get to the window's motor?

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **
Reply to
dbtexas

Pop off the rear panel, but the motor is probably fine, so adding power to it will motor is down. Usually its the wiper not being fully parked (push it up and try it) or a lock detection switch open, push on each corner of the gate to make sure its fully latched.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

thanks. I'm not sure if I did these things before or after but the darn thing works fine now so I'll have to re-talk to the shop I was going to have fix it on Wednesday. Feel funny cause they said they were going to order the motor just in case and have it ready for me and now I've got to tell them to send it back.

Anyway thanks again for the help.

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **

Reply to
dbtexas

goto

near the top it says "Vehicle Info", click on "select year" select year select make select model select your engine click on continue in left column, click "Repair Info" in left column again, click "Vehicle Repair Guides" click on "Body & Trim" in box to the right labled "Body & Trim" under Exterior, click "tailgate"

--

Reply to
righty tighty