Temp gauge not workin

I have a 2000 Tacoma TRD V6 Automatic when I bought the truck the temp gauge was actin funny it would not move until I drove it about 20 miles then it would just jump itto mid range then it kept gettin worse it would just behave eratic just hesitatin and bumpinig aroud alot quick movements. So I said its probaly the collant sensor I changed that didnt work. So I said Ok maybe the Thermostat that didnt work so Iguess Is somethin electrical. Maybe the gauge but form wht people say the have never seen a gauge on a toyota be bad. So my big question is what can I do to get the gauge to move? Ground a wire or use a hot jumper or what I dont no what to do and what connections should I check. Any help would be appericated.

Reply to
mmabe24

My 2004 Tacoma TRD V6 Automatic's temp guage reads real slow when the temp control inside is on full cold. I can drive it 2 miles in the summer and just when it starts to climb turn on the heat and it will rise up quicker to read the actual temp. I don't think this is the same problem you are having but there's a possibility it might be part of it. Thought I'd share....

Mac

Reply to
Mac

Greetings all,

I have a '90 22RE and I had a Temp Gauge that would not move off the "C". I too, thought that the problem was the temp sensor. It was easy to find and replace and only about $12. So once that was changed, there was still NO movement. The fix turned out to be a new Thermostat. Bought it at the Dealer for about $16. That fixed it. AND the cab is warmer now too.

Bill

"Mac .net>"

Reply to
Bill Pelka