Thinking of purchasing a 2000 Tacoma with 90,000.....???

Thinking of purchasing a 2000 Tacoma with 90,000.....???

How good is the engine condtion of Tacoma with 90,000. Can I trust this vehicle...??

Reply to
hizark21

If it was maintained properly, it'll be fine. A Toyota is still a teenager at that age. Ask to see service records, and focus especially on the timing belt. If the seller's twitchy about the records, ask who did the work, get the VIN number, and call the dealer who supposedly did the work.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Reply to
Joe Myers

since new.....98 V6, 140K......anal with the maintainance, been through a radiator, water pump, timing belt, on 3rd set of tires, 3rd set of brake pads, the usual stuff, drives like new, plan to easily get another 140K out of him\her My first Toyota, would buy one again without hesitation, as previous poster answered, if well maintained, 90K is nothing! My .03 (slightly better than .02 IMNSHO )

Reply to
Grip

I bought a 96 with 60,000 without seeing service records, it now has

165,000 and the only non wear-out items I've replaced are the starter and waterpump. Pretty decent for 100,000 miles if you ask me. I'd be comfortable buying any toyota at 90,000 provided it isn't a rebuild after an accident.
Reply to
Tennessee Dave