Timing belt cost...

Hey all... I have a 1988 4Runner with 3VZ-E. I'm wondering what i should expect to pay for the timing belt to be replaced. I'm a little over due on it... but am aware its non-interference. Any clues on what i should expect to pay?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Michael Anderson

I have the same setup in an 88 4x4 pickup and I've been told by a former owner of an almost identical truck that it's about $250 for parts for the entire timing set. My engine is all original and has just under 200k on it, so I'll be doing the job myself pretty soon.

Cheers, - Jeff G

Michael Anders>Hey all... I have a 1988 4Runner with 3VZ-E. I'm wondering what i

Reply to
Jeff Gross

$250 for parts. I presumme that included idle bearings, but still very stiff. Did he include the timing rotor and cap?

Reply to
DTT