torsion bars and the 2nd gen sag

I've got a 95 4Runner that I've had for over a year. I had intended on lifting it, but haven't had the money and as a result I've still got a case of the infamous 2nd gen sagging rear end. I've seen that some people have cranked their torsion bars up as a means of lifting their toyota trucks, and I'm curious about if I could maybe drop them down in the front to level out my 4Runner. Will this work?

I know that if I do this it will probably require an alignment afterwards, but are there any other downsides? I know that raising the torsion bars results in stiffer handling, will cranking them down loosen it up?

Bottom line... good idea or bad idea?

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

Can be done to lower or raise. You will lose up-travel if its lowered too much, may need to use some low profile bumpstops if it bottoms out a lot:

Roger Brown