Toyota's ECP new vehicle program

Hi everyone

Just wondering what people in this forum think about the ECP (Extra Care Protection) Toyota sells on their new vehicles? Expensivc but is it worth the extra money? Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

.........Steve

Reply to
Steve

Glorified insurance policy! Very seldom if ever worth it.

Jas>>Hi everyone

Reply to
Nick Funk

HAH! At BEST its a glorified insurance policy. Most likely its simply a cash cow for the stealership. The beauty of it for the stealer is that even AFTER they stole your 1500 bucks for the warranty, they can rip you off for MORE once you actually need service! Its great! Can you believe that Honda wanted 150 bucks to do WARRANTY service on something that cost me 65 bucks to do on my OWN!!!! I laughed at that guy.

Reply to
Jason

One note:

Get one on a Ford. Always. My friend went through three transfer cases on his Bronco in 8 years - all covered by warranty, thankully. (bought three years old - got 5 yrs added on).

He says it's the best $1200 he ever spent as each transfer case was almost that much if he'd had to do it himself.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander