Won't shift into overdrive...

My '94 pickup won't go into overdrive. I've changed the transmission fluid, and it came out a weird yellowy color.

I checked my Haynes repair manual and it mentions something about discolored ATF being contaminated with coolant, due to a failure of the wall that separates the coolant from the ATF in the transmission itself. The ATF I removed does seem watery, and I'm using the orange colored coolant, so the consistency and color matches the problem.

Can anyone point me to a diagram of a pickup's automatic transmission so I can figure out exactly what's wrong? Any ideas for repair? Do I have to replace the entire tranny?

Thanks, Neonik

Reply to
Neonik