truck makes my wife sick

Well, DUH! Teach her to drive a stick - problem solved. ;-)

Of course, your first step is to make sure she gets the clutch work down right, so it doesn't go up in smoke the first time she hits a stop sign or a red light on a hill. They aren't cheap.

Oh, and you may not be totally innocent in this - if /your/ clutch work is less than perfect, that would explain her carsickness from the extra jerking and surging. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

She has absolutely no interest in learning to drive a standard, and no desire to drive a pickup lol

My clutch work I admit isn't always perfect, especially when I switch to boots from shoes, or to sandals lol But overall I would give it a 8/10. But on the highway dropping to 4th or even 3rd from 5th is pretty smooth when I have to on occasion.

Prior my Tacoma I had a 2000 Z24 with manual trans, and I had that nailed when it came to shifting. Trucks are abit less shift-friendly I find especially starting off.

Reply to
Brad P

I take it that you've tried your cruise control if you have that option and I'd also assume she's not reading while you travel? g

Dramamine might also stop the motion sickness but may put her to sleep as a side effect.

-Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

Here are two options:

Option 1: Change the shocks to something like Monroe Sensitracs. They do a good job of softening up the road and still stiffen up a bit offroad. I know they aren't Ranchos or some of the other big name offroad shocks but Monroe has been in the business forever and makes a good product. I bought a 90 4Runner with Load Range C 31x10.5x15 Duellers and Rancho 5000 that road really stiff. It was my wife's vehicle and she complained about the ride so I put Sensitracs on it and they made an amazing difference. I believe you might even get a ride guarantee from Monroe so if you aren't happy with them you can return them.

Option 2: Go to a bigger floatation tire that doesn't require as much air pressure. I have a 91 Toyota Xtra Cab 4x4 with Rancho 5000 shocks and 32x11.5x15 Duellers that I only run and 32 psi in the front and 28 psi in the rears in order to get maximum tread contact with the road (the truck doesn't way enough to run them with more pressure even though they are rated for 50 psi). Anyway, the truck rides great and the large diameter tires smooth out the small bumps as well as the lower tire pressure absorbing some of the shock.

Reply to
Handyman

Rancho = Monroe P.S. They're junk

Reply to