Wife for Sale

My wife took her Clio to Renault today for its 36K service; they rang her up one hour later to advise that the wiper blades needed replacing. NEED I SAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

Was that FREE FITTING, or buy 1 get 1 free.

Kevin B

Reply to
Kevin B

Yeah I wish, £30 to replace the wiper blades, told her I could have done it for about £3. I was not ahappy chappie.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

Don't blame her because a dealer hasn't got the decency to tell her the price when reporting additional work.

Most of our blades retail at around the £5 mark (each) but they are better quality and last longer than a lot of the cheapy aftermarket blades and we do not charge for fitting them.

Reply to
Alan

£3 type are from a local motor factors from whom I get a considerable discount, I have used them numerous times in the past without problem and at that price if they only last 12 months it is no great loss.

besides which the wife is still for sale, now reduced to £25.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew P

Dont' get me wrong I am not blaming her, I am just being light hearted about things, she best hope that it rains soon as I do expect her to get good use from them

Reply to
Andrew P

Heh, on a similar light hearted note, I expect if Charlie spotted me putting that in Usenet y'all see a post "Free to a good home: Dervy Nerdy Chappy."

:)

My preferred Ford place use either the excellent Ford wipers, or the almost-as-excellent-but-available-singly-and-with-a-spoiler-blade /and I've now forgotten the brand!/.

Reply to
DervMan

"Alan" mumbled:

No good, wot with the Subject and all I read that as "Most of our blondes retail at around the £5 mark."

Reply to
Guy King

Don't you think that was selfish in the extreme, wasting the whole world's time reading your post when you didn't even have the common decency to do a google search to at least attempt to find out what make they could have been?

Or is your time more important than everyone else's?

:-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Go to a mirror.

Look at yourself.

Now tell me, do you have eight eyes and eight legs?

Heh heh!

Reply to
DervMan

Trico???

I've got Valeo on mine, who's only consolation was that the 30 quid I got stiffed for them was less than the amount the dealer wanted for Volvo branded ones (made I believe by Valeo). Bloody odd shaped and sized things.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It's french, I'll give you 20 and you can keep the car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"AstraVanMan" mumbled:

Huge picture from slow Russian server, but...

there they are...all eight of 'em.

Apprently not all of 'em have eight...

section 7 has an interesting section on eyes.

Reply to
Guy King

Twas Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:23:26 +0100 when "Tim S Kemp" put finger to keyboard producing:

Can she cook? I may be able to go to 25.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Oh leave the poor woman alone - bet if she came home and said dear I need new wiper blades - you would have said one of the following:

You sure you had the wipers on dear as don't don't normal drive with them

or

why didn't you get them fixed when you had the car serviced

loll see she cant win

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

I give in! I've used them for years and they typically get replaced every

20,000 miles (just over a year, usually). When I were a wee lad, I did use el cheapo ones and these were shoddy, and the rubber melted in the summer, so they lasted almost 600 miles (three weeks!).
Reply to
DervMan

After 36k you should also expect the water for the windscreen wash to need refilling

David
£5 is for brunettes, blondes are cheaper!
Reply to
Alan

Take it the blondes are high mileage then ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman