Normal wife behavior?

I've received a lot of advise on RAMVA for repairing the Wonderbus. Ranging from "You are my hero, Rocky," to "Drive that POS off the nearest pier," to "You are too stupid to pound sand. Go away."

Wife seems to think I am smarter than I am. Or is trying to kill me. She sees the endless trouble the Wonderbus is giving me. 'Twas while she was driving it that it overheated.

Yet she called me this morning, "Hi Honey, I just found a 1968 beetle for $700. Engine runs. I'd like a bug. Can we get it? I'll pay to have the interior done!"

She reported that the interior was so trashed that you would not even want to sit on the seats -- or what was left of them. This, I felt, might be a clue about the level of care the PO gave to the car, so I recommended against it.

I am puzzled. She's smarter than this, I thought.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

There is no such thing as "Normal wife behavior". I will probably get flamed and threatened for that statement but oh well.

Could be that she likes aircooled cars. My wife does. And she sure would like me to get off my butt and finish her ghia. Especially after I blew the trans in the POS jeep last night.

Randy

RSMEINER

Bwaaaa haaaa haaa! I did the same thing the very first time I took the SO and kid out for a drive in my Jeep! The clutch EXPLODED, broke the case and left dents in the tunnel/floorboard. I thought it was terrific! Jeeps! A tranny build for an ancient in-line 4-banger is no match for a 401 V8. :)

Reply to
jjs

On 27 May 2004 21:11:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comcrap (RSMEINER) ran around screaming and yelling:

no flames randy, how about an "amen"...hehe..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thats not bad... i can remember standing in the local VW FLAPS determining what I wanted to buy and there was my wife.... hey get this, get that , hey you need one of these ohhhh look at that look at this!... i had to curb her enthusiasum because we coulnd't afford everything at one time!

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to
dragenwagen

This jeep (cherokee) is an 84 model. Built by GM. And it's got all the friggen rust that GM cars of that era have. Not sure what model the trans is but it's an auto and it has a 231 odd fire v6 in it. Good motor but the rest is pure crap. Not sure what happened to the tranny but it made a bang and trans fluid went every where. I filled the fluid back up a little while ago and trans still worked but I see a big puddle under the jeep. Couldn't find where it was leaking and don't even care. I've hated that friggen jeep since the day we got it 6 years ago. Going to pull the battery as it's pretty new, siphon out the gas since I just filled it yesterday and have somebody come tow it out of here.

And I'm now in a dillema on what to drive. Wife has to have a vehicle at the ready at all times due to some family health problems in another city, so she gets the ranger. Big butt truck needs 6 new expensive tires and the gas mileage sucks. So, that leaves the 67 bug. I hate driving it around this town due to all the bad drivers. But I have a feeling I will be doing just that until I break down and go car shopping. And I hate shopping.

Ok, I'm done whining for now. Maybe more later.

Randy

RSMEINER

Surprisingly enough, some of the more open-minded of our spouses do occasionally exhibit similar behavior....LOL. About a month ago, just after we brought my beetle to our new house, my fiancee says "I wonder how much an old Porshe would cost?" Naturally the answer is too much, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Reply to
greg edmonds

Ok, about this "normal wife behavior".....I hate to admit it....there is no such animal !! Case in point.... my husband goes out of town for the weekend, I hop up and buy a 74 Bug and park it in the back yard (like he wasn't going to notice it !) Have been working on her every chance I get and drooling over every catalog I can get my hands on !!

Susan

74 Std "Betty" (AKA...woman married to a man who can't get his own car hood open LOL )
Reply to
Susan S.

...damn I'd have been pissed!!!! Now if it was a 64 beetle....lol BTW do you have a sister????

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

...saddle up the llamas. ;-) might as well get some use out the flea bitten hayburners...

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Theres a thought. Guess I could hook them up to a cart. They do that, you know.

They are going to be pissed at me this weekend anyways as I have to shear them.

Randy

RSMEINER

............I haven't got a clue in regard to how a normal wife behaves. I can tell you, though, that menopause is a bitch.

LOL

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Your wife sure has a funny name.

I'm sorry ..... I absolutely could not resist. Please, please don't tell her I said that. :-O

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

LOL ! hayburners !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Oh god, let me know when you get the divorce! ;)

Susan S. wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

Don't you mean a Chrysler built vehicle? GM bought Hummer.... not Jeep.

Reply to
KWW

nope. This is all GM.

Randy

RSMEINER

"Tim Rogers" wrote

There is a treatment. It's called Synthetic Male Hormone, and comes in many flavors. Guinness was my favorite. You see, the _husband_ takes it.

Reply to
jjs

I can see the potential usefulness.

Reply to